Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm waving a hand at my neighbors at South Padre Island

My neighbors have a super blog at SPI Gardens. That stands for South Padre Island Gardens for the non-Texans out there. I see they have a cat problem down there, too. Quoting Sam:

"Please do not prune or cut bushes and trees until after the Fall-out is over. We need to start promoting this in our backyards because so much wildland is being developed on the Island, and so many beautiful birds die here and become feral cat bait (a problem on this Island). Please help out birds, hummers, and butterflies northward this spring."

Those folks are fine birders and ecologists and deserve all the help we can give them. I see now Sam's got another site Poof'n'Whiffs where he's blogged about saving endangered sea turtles. See what I mean about my neighbors? :-)

No comments: