Saturday, June 20, 2009

More responses to cat enablers...

Another response to a blog:

I once bought out three aviaries within a few weeks of each other and have owned literally thousands of exotic birds. It was a matter of a rescue mission, and I found good homes for them all. Your having owned exotics is beside the point, You choose cats over the survival of our wildlife every time you allow one outside. Cats are domestic pets!

I'm certain she has seen dozens, perhaps hundreds, of birds murdered by cats. A scratch is almost always fatal. We did wildlife rehabilitation for over twenty years, which is one reason I hate the needless killing you enable. One of the Mockingbirds nesting in our yard was so tame he must have been one we raised. The cats murdered his family and left some of his entrails and wings on my porch.

No comments: